Brackets are Posted in the HANDOUTS Section.
It is a long process to post 280 scores from Sunday, update standings, and then use tie breakers to separate teams. I'm sure I made mistakes, but they are at the printers and seeds, opponents, and game times are now firm.
For teams rising (or falling) a division, I did my best in trying to seed your team fairly. There is subjectivity to it so if you disagree, the best way to prove me wrong is to beat whomever is your opponent.
We look forward to Championship weekend. No adding players unless you have cleared it with Lee. The WYBL will pay all referee fees. Game times will be 20 minute halves.
We are proud to announce a partnership with Steve Novak's wonderful shooting competition! This is a 2 minute shooting competition covering 21 spots on the floor. Do you have what it takes to be crowned the WYBL shooting champion?
When: Saturday, March 2, 2024 from 5-7pm
Where: Novak Family Fieldhouse at Brown Deer HS
How to sign up: There is a flyer in the Handouts section or click this link: https://www.2sfrees3s.com/state-finals
The top five scores in each grade will advance to the Round of Champions which will be held the following Saturday (March 9th @ the same location).
The drop down schedule part of the website is NOT Accurate. Please continue to use the excel spreadsheet in the handouts section. The 2/9/24 version #4 is the latest. It is in the HANDOUTS section.
Do to the volume of errors in the website code, I have created a spreadsheet with the standings that I will update weekly. I am posting them in the HANDOUTS section when I update them. If you see a missing score please send it in so I can update.
** Parking for Cudahy High School is on the SOUTH end by the track. You will enter the gym right at the door by the tennis courts
Year End Tournament Information is below:
Year End Tournament FAQ's
* It is a one day tournament. Everyone qualifies.
* After the final games of the season, teams will be seeded into a bracket. Your specific game locations and starting times will be available two days after the regular season ends.
* It is a two game guarantee with a possibility of four games. Win the first game and you move to the Championship side of the bracket. Lose the first game and you head to the Consolation side. From there, one loss and you are eliminated.
* The WYBL will pay all referee fees
* Like prior years, I will be re-balancing divisions by moving some teams up or down a division.
* for 3rd grade, I plan on putting the top 4-5 teams from 4C, 4CC, and 4CD into the 4C division. The middle 4-5 teams into 4CC, and the bottom teams from each into the 4CD division for the tournament.
* 4C, all of 7th and all of 8th grade divisions will play March 2nd or March 3rd.
* Every other division will play either March 9th or 10th
* Awards to 1st, 2nd, and Consolation winners
Any questions. Email Leeclement1@yahoo.com
Score Reporting: I will attempt to gather all scores each week and post them on Monday morning. If you do not see your score posted or it the posted score is incorrect, please send the correct score to email@example.com.
Do not send a picture. Simple state the Grade, division, and result. Example: 8A Nicolet 31 Kettle Moraine 30
Team registration DOES NOT equal Acceptance into the WYBL. All returning teams have priority and the final number of teams in each grade/competitive division will be similar to last year but subject to the WYBL creating a manageable schedule, having sufficient hosting sites for games, and the amount of time/effort my wife will allow me to devote to youth basketball!
The WYBL is a league that supports community-based teams. It is required that each player reside in your school district or currently open enroll into your school district. Let me be clear on this: no teams shall be comprised on multi-district players. Players should be assigned to teams within their grade level (or play "up") and not according to age.
As is always the case, please contact me at any time with questions and/or suggestions. The aim is to continue to improve to make the WYBL the best youth boys basketball league in the State. For Information Concerning the League please contact Lee Clement (414) 839-6800. Email: Leeclement1@yahoo.com